The Minds in Motion® Winnipeg program combines physical activity, socialization and mental stimulation for people living with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s disease, or another dementia,
to enjoy with a family member or community care partner.
At the Minds in Motion® program you will…
• Be physically active
• Meet and socialize with other people living with dementia and their care partners
• Enjoy mentally stimulating activities to enhance your brain health
• Receive emotional and educational support about dementia and services, as needed
Is the Minds in Motion® program for me?
The Minds in Motion® program is designed for people with early to mid-stage symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. Early symptoms of dementia may include memory
loss, confusion, communication difficulties and changes in mood and behaviour.
What can I expect?
The two-hour weekly program runs for eight weeks and is divided into the following components:
• A certified fitness instructor leads the physical activity session (up to 50 minutes)
• Alzheimer Society of Manitoba staff and volunteers lead the mental stimulation session (up to 50 minutes)
• Participants enjoy a healthful refreshment break while socializing with other participants
For more information, please contact:
Minds in Motion® Program Manager
204-943-6622 (in Winnipeg)
1-800-378-6699 (in Manitoba)